1. The Crusades
The Crusades were expeditions organized by Christians of the West, who had the protection of the Popes, with the objective to free the Holy Sepulchre as well as defend and found the kingdom of Jerusalem.
What were the causes of this movement?
- The great religiosity of Europe.
- The need to liberate Jerusalem from Turkish rule, which denied the entry to the city of Christian pilgrims who wished to visit.
- The adventurous and chivalrous spirit of the age.
- The attractiveness that the East had at the time.
2. Indicate whether each statement is true or false: