14. The Holy Spirit
Name: ______________________________________ Subject: _______________________ Date: _______
Write the missing word
1. The final judgement
As well as a personal judgement after death, the faith of the Church tells us about the end of times, and how the whole human race will be judged.
In the Creed we can read that He will come to judge the living and the dead.
He said to the Apostles: ‘When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then He will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and He will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and He will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, “Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. Then He will say to those at his left hand, “You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink. And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.’ (Mt 25 31-35. 41-42. 46).
A. Answer with a word:
|After death, all of us will have a judgement which will be|
|At the end of times, what kind of judgement will happened?|
|Jesus Christ will come to judge the living and the:|
|The sheperd will separate the sheeps from the|
|He will put the sheeps at his|
|He will put the goats at his|
|Because I was hungry and you gave me something to|
|I was thirsty and you gave me something to|
|The damned will go to|
|The righteous will go to|
2. The coming of the Holy Spirit
Ten days after the Ascension of Jesus the disciples and Mary were reunited in the coterie, celebrating the day of Pentecost, when 'suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.
Divided tongues, as made of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit' (Hch 2,2-4).
The Holy Spirit is the third member of the Holy trinity. In the creed we say: We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son He is worshipped and glorified.
When we are in grace, the Holy Spirit is inside our soul and give us grace, virtue and gifts.
B. Answer with a word:
How many days past from the Resurrection to the Ascension?
|And from the Ascension to the coming of the Holy Spirit?|
|And from the Resurrection to the coming of the Holy Spirit?|
|Mary and the Apostles celebrated the day of|
|What person from the Holy Trinity is the Holy Spirit?|
|And the Son?|
|And the Father?|
3. Questions from the catechism
1. When will Jesus come to judge living and dead? Jesus Christ, with all his glory and majesty, will come to judge living and dead at the end of times.
2. What promised Jesus when He ascended to Heaven? Jesus Chist, while ascending to Heaven, promised that He will send us the Holy Spirit.
3. Who is the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is the third member of the Holy Trinity, who belongs to the Father and the Son.
4. When did Jesus send the Holy Spirit? Jesus Christ sent the Holy Spirit to his Church on Whit Sunday, ten days after his Ascension to Heaven.
5. Why did Jesus send the Holy Spirit? Jesus Christ sent the Holy Spirit to santify our souls and assist his Church.
6. How the Holy Spirit santify us? The Holy Spirit santify us by the grace, the virtues and gifts.
C. Write the right answer. The answers are below.
|1. When Jesus will come to judge living and dead?|
|2. What promised Jesus when He ascended to Heaven?|
|3. Who is the Holy Spirit?|
4. When did Jesus send the Holy Spirit?
5. Why did Jesus send the Holy Spirit?
6. How the Holy Spirit santify us?
The third member of the Holy Trinity, who belongs to the Father and the Son.
To santify our souls and assist his Church.
By the grace, the virtues and gifts.
That He will send us the Holy Spirit.
On Whit Sunday, ten days after his Ascension to Heaven.
With all his glory and majesty, at the end of times.
Intentions for a christian life
- Remember the prayers where the Holy Spirit is named: the Sign of the Cross, Glory, Angelus, Acts of faith, hope and charity. You can found them in Oraciones.
- To make the intention of living in the grace of God.
| Educational applications | Religion |
In Spanish | Interactive |
®Arturo Ramo García.-Record of intellectual property of Teruel (Spain)
No 141, of 29-IX-1999
Plaza Playa de Aro, 3, 1º DO 44002-TERUEL