Civilization of Germans
1. Civilization of Germanic kingdoms
The barbarians used to adopt the customs and religion of the previous population and were assimilating the remains of Roman culture. Some important figures appeared:
- The Ostrogoths: in the picture, we see the Mausoleum of Theodoric the Great, king of the Ostrogoths, who established the capital in Ravenna (Italy). In this city also stands out the Basilica of Saint Apollinare Nuovo. Two important writers were Cassiodorus and Boethius.
- The Anglo-Saxons: the figure of the Venerable Bede, author of the "Ecclesiastical History of the English Nation" and Saint Boniface, prominent for his work of apostolate.
- THE FRANKS: They developed a superior culture to the rest of the barbarians, especially after that Clovis adopted Christianity as official religion in France. The figure of Saint Gregory of Tours, author of “History of the Franks “stood out.
2. Indicate if these sentences refer to the Ostrogoths, to the Franks or to the Anglo-Saxons