5. Coasts (Look at the map of Europe)
The coasts are very rough. We can distinguish three zones:
- The northern coasts cover with the Arctic Ocean.
+ We Found Scandinavia peninsula with the Baltic Sea (south) and White sea (north)
+ The North Cape in Scandinavia.
+ We also have the Jutland peninsula in Denmark
- The western coasts cover with the Atlantic Ocean with:
+ The North Sea between Jutland and Britain.
+ The Cantabrian Sea, between France and Spain.
+ The British Isles (Britain and Ireland) are the highest in Europe.
- The southern coasts cover with the Mediterranean Sea.
+ There are three large peninsulas:
The Iberian ( Spain and Portugal) and the Balearic Islands;
The Italian peninsula (Italy) with the islands of Corsica (north), Sardinia and Sicily (south).
The Balkan Peninsula (Greece), with the island of Crete.
+ We distinguish these seas:
The Tyrrhenian between Sicily and Corsica.
The Ionian Sea between Italy and Greece.
The Adriatic Sea , between Italy , Bosnia and Montenegro.
The Aegean Sea , east of the Balkan peninsula.
The Black Sea in Asia.
6. Indicate if these accidents refer to the northern , western and southern coast :
We can group the European rivers:
- The Pechora (next to the Ural Mountains) and the Dvina flow into the Arctic Ocean.
- The Vistula (Poland) and Oder (Germany) flow into the Baltic Sea
- The Elbe and the Rhine (Germany) flow into the North Sea
- In the Atlantic Ocean, the Seine, the Loire and the Garonne (France), the Tagus and Duero (Spain and Portugal) and the Thames (Great Britain).
- The Ebro (Spain), Rhone (France) and the Po and the Tiber (Italy) flow into the Mediterranean.
- The Danube, the Dnieper and the Don flows into the black sea.
- The Volga (Europe’s longest river) flows into the Caspian Sea
8. Indicate the sea where they flow into: Glacial Arctic Sea, Baltic Sea, Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean
9. Climates in Europe
Europe is in the temperate climate zone and we can distinguish several types of climates:
- The polar north, with heavy snow and low temperatures.
- The Continental climate in Europe.
- The Atlantic climate, with moderate temperatures and abundant rainfall
- And the Mediterranean climate with low rainfall and high temperatures
According to the climatic zones are distinguished:
- In the Mediterranean area, there are pines, oaks and steppe.
- In the Atlantic area abound meadows and beech woods.
- In the polar zone abound tundra (lichens and mosses)
- In the continental area is steppe and fir forest.
®Arturo Ramo García.-Record of intellectual property of Teruel (Spain)
No 141, of 29-IX-1999
Plaza Playa de Aro, 3, 1º DO 44002-TERUEL