1. Energy Sources
For the development of the economy of the country and especially of the industry, energy sources are needed. The most important are: oil, natural gas, electricity , coal and alternative energies .
- Oil is currently the main source of energy. Chemical derivatives are also obtained.
The major producers are the United States, China, Russia and Saudi Arabia.
- Natural gas is a source of cheap and clean energy.
The Producers are Russia, United States, United Kingdom and Algeria.
- The electricity is produced in hydroelectric plants (dams), in thermal plants (coal) and nuclear plants through nuclear fission.
- The coal produces heat and force to move machines in the industry.
The most important producers are China, United States, Australia, India, South Africa and Russia.
- Alternative energies are the new types of energy characterized by being cheaper, cleaner and almost inexhaustible. The main ones are: wind power is produced by wind, solar power produced by photovoltaic panels and tidal power produced by tides.
2. Choose one of these words and Answer: coal, oil, natural gas, electricity or alternative energies: