Nature is the home of man that God has given us. Our ancestors lived there for thousands of years and found food, clothing, firewood, materials to build houses, etc. All this because of the exploitation of land resources which are three: plants, animals and minerals.
2. Plant resources
Men throughout history fed on the harvest of the fruits of the trees. The hunting and fishing were also the basis of their diet. They also used the wood from the trees. From Plant fibers, they did several objects and costumes. Currently they are obtained from nature:
- Food products: wheat, fruits, legumes, oil, wine, coffee, tea, etc.
The main producers of cereals are: China, India, Brazil, United States and Russia.
The main producers of fruit are: China, India, Brazil, United States and Spain.
Vegetable producers are: China, India, the U.S. and Turkey.
- Forest products are: fine woods (mahogany, ebony) and construction wood material like cellulose, rubber, cork, resin, etc.
The main rubber producers are: Thailand, United States, Indonesia and China.
- Textile products are: cotton, linen, hemp, rayon and esparto.
The biggest producers of cotton are: China, U.S., India, Pakistan and Brazil.
- The grass is the food for stock.
3. Choose one of these words and answer: food , forest or textile products: