1. The globe
The Earth has been changing over time, but that change is so slow that several generations of men are needed to make this visible. The life of people is counted in years, while the life of the Earth is counted in thousands of centuries.
In the Earth's history, we can distinguish several major eras or periods, each one of them comprises millions of years. These are the eras :
- Archaic: the most primitive era.
- Paleozoic: where life appears with very simple species.
- Mesozoic: it is characterized by the appearance of reptiles.
- Cenozoic: mammals appear.
- Quaternary: the man appears on Earth.
2. Choose one of these words and answer: Archaic, Paleozoic, Mesozoic, Cenozoic, Quaternary