28. The Confirmation
Name: ______________________________________ Subject: _______________________ Date: _______
Write the missing word
1. The Confirmation
The Confirmation is the sacrament which gives us the Holy Spirit with all the abundance of his gifts and makes us perfect Christians.
In the same way that Baptism transforms us into sons of God, Confirmation transforms us into soldiers of Christ.
We, as Christians, must make an effort in the small fights of every day: in our manners with our parents and brothers, in a job or study well done and offered to God, in the generous and selfless help to others and in the fidelity to the message of Jesus Christ.
- The material of this sacrament is the laying of the hands by the bishop and the anointment of the Holy Schism in the forehead of the confirmed person. The Schism is a mixture between oil and balsam consecrated by a bishop on Holy Thursday.
- The form of the Confirmation are the words pronounced by the bishop at the laying of hands and the anointing: “N., be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit”
- The ordinary minister is the bishop. If it is needed, a priest could be the minister if he has that capacity, by right or by a particular authorization of the competent authority. In danger of death it can be made by the assigned parish or by any other priest.
- The subject is every person who is not baptized yet. To receive it you must be in grace, know the main misteries of the faith and approach God with reverence and devotion. This sacrament is not absolutely essential to salvation, but, even so, it must be considered as a very important one.
A. There are 5 right sentences and 3 wrong ones. Pick the right ones' numbers.
|By the Confirmation, the Holy Spirit is given to us|
|This sacrament turn us into common Christians|
|It transforms us in soldiers of Christ|
|Confirmation become us sons of God|
|The material are the bishops' words|
|The bishop make the anointing with the Holy Oils|
|The Schism is consacrated by a bishop on Holy Thursday|
|The ordinary minister is the bishop|
2. Effects of Confirmation
- It is received the full grace of the Holy Spirit with all his gifts. Gifts are particular graces which light up, strengthen and perfecting our soul, helping us to practice virtues and approaching us salvation. These gifts are seven: wisdom, understanding, advise, fortitude, science, piety and fear of God.
- It increases the sanctifying grace.
- It impress in our souls an indelible spirit of soldiers of Christ. Confirmation strengthen faith and make us witness of Jesus Christ. It give us strength to defend our faith and defend ourselves against external enemies, as the Devil, bad examples and persecutions, being these public or more subtle.
B. There are 5 true sentences and 3 wrong ones. Choose the right ones.
It is received the full grace of the Holy Spirit.
|The gifts are the sanctifying grace|
|The gifts of the Holy Spirit are ten|
|The gifts give strenght and perfect our soul|
|Confirmation increases sanctifying grace|
|It impress the spirit of soldiers of Christ|
|It doesn't give enough strenght to defend faith|
3. Questions from the catechism
1. What is Confirmation? Confirmation is the sacrament which increases our grace of the Holy Spirit to strengthen our faith and make us soldiers and apostles of Christ.
2. How must be received Confirmation? Confirmation must be received in a state of grace and knowing the main Christian truths.
3. Who is the minister in Confirmation? The minister of the Confirmation is the bishop, but in case of danger of death, if it is needed, a priest can confirm.
C. Choose the correct answer. You can find the options below.
|1. What is Confirmation?|
|2. How must be received Confirmation?|
|3. Who is the minister in Confirmation?|
|A||In state of grace and knowing the main Christian truths.|
|B||The bishop, but in case of danger of death, if it is needed, a priest can confirm.|
|C||The sacrament which increases our grace of the Holy Spirit, strengthen our faith and make us soldiers and apostles of Christ.|
Intentions for a Christian life
- To have strong desires of receive Confirmation, if it is not received yet; in the other case, give thanks to God.
- To live as a real Christian, with courage and without human fears.
| Educational applications | Religion |
In Spanish | Interactive |
| Educational applications | Religion |
®Arturo Ramo García.-Record of intellectual property of Teruel (Spain)
No 141, of 29-IX-1999
Plaza Playa de Aro, 3, 1º DO 44002-TERUEL