25. The Seven Sacraments of the Church
Human knowledge begins with the senses and to get to know the things that surpass them, we need to use pictures, symbols or comparisons that reveal the unknown. God has introduced sensitive signs that we call sacraments in order to express the supernatural realities of grace. But the divine omnipotence does more than what we can do.
To better understand the effect of the sacraments, we can compare them with the natural life:
- we born to supernatural life through Baptism,
- We strengthen by Confirmation,
- We maintain life with the food of the Eucharist,
- If we get lost because of the sin, the Penance is the solution,
- And the Unction of the Sick, we prepare for the travel that will end in heaven.
- To assist the needs of the Church as a society we have the sacrament of Holy Orders, which seeks the ministers of the Church,
- And the Matrimony, which perpetuates human society and makes the Church grow with the children baptized.