Benefit of plants
Name: ______________________________________ Subject: _______________________ Date: _______
Write on the right side what is missing.
1. The benefit of plants
There are many benefits that man gets from plants. It can be classified into five sections: food, forest, medicinal, industrial and ornamental plants.
2. Food plants
In the first photo, we see fruits for men like orange, lemon and cherries, which are rich in vitamins. In the second photo, we see fodder plants such as alfalfa and clover that are the main food of cows and other animals.
Men also eat:
- Potatoes and legumes such as chickpea, bean, lentil, etc. they are rich in calories and provide salts and proteins.
- Cereals, such as rice, wheat (we obtain the bread), corn, rye, etc.
- Salads, such as tomatoes and lettuce.
- Vegetables such as spinach, onion and cauliflower. They are great sources of vitamins.
3. Choose the correct word: fodder, fruit, legume, cereal or vegetable