They are invertebrates that have an exoskeleton made of chitin. When they grow, this shell remains small and it comes off it, forming another larger exoskeleton. This process is called "Ecdysis".
The word arthropod means they have articulated legs.
Arthropods are numerous and represent 85 % of all invertebrates.
We can distinguish four classes:
- Insects such as beetles, flies and lobster
- Crustacean, such as crab , lobster and barnacle .
- Myriapoda, such as centipedes and millipedes .
- Arachnids, such as the spider, the scorpion and the tick.
2. Indicate if these arthropods are: insects, crustacean, arachnid or myriapoda: