The cat with boats
Once upon a time, there was a very poor miller who when he died left his oldest son to inherit the mill, while a cat to his youngest.
The poor boy was very sad.
- My master, do not fret like that, give me your boots and do as I say, let’s go.
- To who do these lands and herds belong to?
- To the terrible ogre of the castle.
- Therefore, they belong to the Marquis of Carabas, that is what you will say when the king passes by.
When the king passed by, he asked a pastor:
- To who do these herds belong to?
- To the Marquis of Carabas.
- And whose lands are these?
- Also, my Lord.
Meanwhile, the cat made his master get naked and bathe in the river. The cat hid his clothes and they waited for the king to arrive.
- Help, your Highness, someone stole the clothes of Carabas!
When the king heard, he ordered his carriage to stop immediately.
- Soldiers, help the Marquis of Carabas right away! ordered the king, while he got off of his carriage to greet him personally.
Meanwhile, the cat asked the ogre:
- Are you the wizard that can turn into any animal?
- I do not believe you, show me!
The ogre fell for the trap when the cat asked him:
- Can you turn into a mouse?
- Ha, ha, but of course I can!
And all of a sudden, the cat ate him.
The king and the Marquis arrived to the castle:
- Enter, your Majesty, to the humble mansion of the Marquis of Carabas.
Thanks to the cleverness of the cat in boots, his master, the son of the miller, was able to marry the king’s daughter and live happily ever after with her.
Instructions: Press one of the letters (a, b and c). The right answer will be in red.